06 Friday Sep 2013
Have you heard of “thought” or “consulting” volunteering? Watch this 1 minute clip of me talking about the concept and then respond in the comments to one or more of the questions below. Let’s start a conversation!
Tell me, as a manager of volunteers:
- What further questions do you have about the concept?
- Are you doing this in your organization or in your own work?
- What does it look like for you?
As a person who volunteers:
- What excites you about the idea of thought or consulting volunteering?
- What could you do as a volunteer if you gave your time only in coffee meetings or 1 hour conversations on the phone or Skype?
- Have you done this type of very short term volunteering? If so, what did you do and did you consider it volunteering?
(Thanks to Christopher Bowers for taping this off-the-cuff segment for me!)